Amazon's flagship new Kindle e-reader may get slimmer thanks to a rechargeable case

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos recently teased on Twitter that a new “top of the line” Kindle e-reader would be coming next week, but it appears The Wall Street Journal has an early scoop on at least one new addition to Amazon’s latest e-reader. Amazon is getting ready to roll out a “higher-end” Kindle and a compatible case with a built-in rechargeable battery, the Journal says.

The case would provide extended battery life for the Kindle while simultaneously allowing Amazon to create an e-reader that's even thinner than today's models. The current Kindle range offers three versions, all with thicknesses well under half an inch.

It’s not clear how the new Kindle would be packaged, but the Journal report makes it sound like the case would come bundled with the device. That would be unusual, however, as device makers prefer to sell accessories like expandable battery packs separately.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3052...et-slimmer-thanks-to-a-rechargeable-case.html

Sefie, Apr 8, 2016
  2. Sefie

rz3300

I am not really sure if it being more thin solves any of the issues that I think people might have with it. Maybe I am wrong though...it would certainly not be the first time. I do not own a Kindle now but I used to and I never used it, but it was not a newer one so it really had none of the features that the new ones do. I am curious to see what this one looks like though.

rz3300, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Sefie

IcyBC

I had the first generation Kindle, and that was before I have a smart phone. Now, I have the Kindle app on my phone, and I don't need a separate device anymore. I just don't see why people would go for it though as they are all having smart phone now, including grandmas and grandpas generation.

IcyBC, Apr 10, 2016
Ask a Question