Amazon UK orders?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Guest, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Guest

gbee

That's where all these internet companies make their money these days. Ebuyer for example dispatch all their stuff using the same next day courier service, but they hold your purchase to ransom - pay extra and they'll send it same day, but choose the cheap delivery and it just sits on the warehouse shelves for an extra week. When you pay more for delivery you aren't actually paying the courier costs, you are just putting extra money in the pocket of the retailer.

gbee, Aug 22, 2008
  2. Guest

nariad48

Ordered my Blue ssd from Amazon on 17 Aug,dispatch 18 Aug.Then dispatch changed to 20 Sept.So I cancelled last night.Reserved at Currys today 4pm,picked up at 5pm,cost £199(£30 saved)Playing with it now :D

nariad48, Aug 22, 2008
  3. Guest

sideways

It should have been ~£12 + vat for next day, at least that's what they charged me. (I ordered after the cutoff time @ ~ 5:30pm but they still delivered next day @ ~4pm.

Amazon are just a nonsense with the Aspire One in the UK, shifting expected delivery by two weeks one day after placing my order :?
    They must have had too many initial orders to cope. With the price drops coming in now from high street retailers they may well get overstocked with the new batch. :lol:

sideways, Aug 22, 2008
  4. Guest

ricaird

I ordered two blue SSD versions from Amazon at the start of July, to test at work with the intention of ordering 30-40 of them from CCL. The last I heard from Amazon was on August 15th telling me to expect them by August 20th. We're now on August 24th and still no sign!

Anyway, I saw the advert on TV for the £50 off at Currys this bank holiday weekend, so I popped in today and bought one for myself from there. Thoroughly pleased so far, and just hoping that my two from Amazon turn up soon!

ricaird

ricaird, Aug 24, 2008
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Picked up the pacakge from the sorting office today, and happily playing with the AAO - so far added VLC and advanced menu thingy :D

Guest, Aug 26, 2008
  6. Guest

Maltie

Finally lost patience with Amazon today and cancelled my order.
    Ordered 120gb blue 512mb Linux from DABS today for £227.12 (cheaper than Amazon). Being delivered FREE by next day delivery, should have it by tomorrow :D

Maltie, Aug 28, 2008
  7. Guest

JHBC

Got my blue 1gb/120gb/XP home yesterday from cclonline but stocks limited. :D

JHBC, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question