Amazon UK orders?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Guest, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have got a pre-order in at Amazon UK for a blue SSD, and the order status is still showing expected arrival date with me as 13th August, even though status is still pre-despatch :roll:

Sent in a query email to Amazon, and they replied (pretty quickly):

"We checked your order and confirm that we have not yet received "Acer Aspire One A110-Ab Netbook, Linpus Linux Lite version, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 8GB NAND Flash (Sapphire Blue)" in our Fulfilment Centre from our suppliers. "

As Play.com is also out of the blue SSD versions (they're showing white SSD in stock), it would appear that there is a supply problem for the blue ones.

Anyone received a blue SSD from either source as yet?

Guest, Aug 12, 2008
  2. Guest

KiNG

i canceled my order with play and went with amazon, but now 18th August seems to be the date for dispatch.
    im waiting on a 120gb blue 512mb model

KiNG, Aug 12, 2008
  3. Guest

DarrenHD

Blue SSD versions have been shipping for awhile...at least several weeks here in Canada. You can walk into Staples and buy one right off the shelf. Last I checked they had them in stock. That was last week...

DarrenHD, Aug 12, 2008
  4. Guest

bbkarn

I had one on preorder from Amazon as well (white a150l) but got rather annoyed at their delays. In the end I cancelled with amazon and bought from acer direct instead. They had stock and it should be with me today, although it is a bit more expensive than amazon with delivery included.

bbkarn, Aug 13, 2008
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Looks like it is Acer then - new email from Amazon UK stating that the release date for the blue SSDs has been changed by the supplier to 19th/20th August.

Guest, Aug 13, 2008
  6. Guest

milesg

I had a pre-order from amazon for one blue and one white SSD model. Cancelled it yesterday and ordered from http://www.simplyacer.com who had them listed as in stock and same price as amazon.co.uk. They dispatched the order for next day delivery (at an extra £14) and I should be getting them both sometime today.

I have had problems with amazon.co.uk moving dates in the past, waiting for a mobile phone accessory that was "due in 1 week" for 2 months!

milesg, Aug 13, 2008
  7. Guest

milesg

Quick update: Both by Blue and White A110's arrived this morning! Just playing with them now :D

milesg, Aug 13, 2008
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Unfortunately for me, Amazon and Play appear to be the only companies that don't run the scam of charging a fortune for a courier to the Isle of Man - both Amazon and Play use normal post. AcerDirect.co.uk wanted £24.95 to send one AAO to me - I've just had a delivery of bits for my motorbike that, including packaging, weighs around 9-10kgs (and whose value is more than the AAO :mrgreen: ), and that only cost £26!

Guest, Aug 13, 2008
  9. Guest

cjmain

Oh well looks like my Acer Aspire One A150-Bb Netbook, Windows XP Home, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB HD (Sapphire Blue) isn't going to arrive today 19th August as it hasn't yet dispatched, wonder when it will arrive considering the availability is now back to 1-3 weeks on the aspire page :(

cjmain, Aug 19, 2008
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Just had another email from Amazon - expected arrival date is now between 2nd and 17th September for the blue 8gb SSD :evil: Useless people at Amazon - order being cancelled!

Guest, Aug 20, 2008
  11. Guest

cjmain

yup got an email today saying estimated delivery is now 4-18 Septemberfor xp 1gig 120MB HD blue, will be looking to pick one else where in the meantime. If anyone knows where to get one in the uk let me know, I am off travelling for 6 months on september 14th, and the acer one should be the perfect companion, well apart from my mate that I am travelling with but he aint so good lookin as the acer! :lol:

cjmain, Aug 20, 2008
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

I've cancelled the Amazon order (with a snotty comment about taking orders with no guaranteed supplies) and have now ordered with CCLOnline as have used them in the past (£10 cheaper courier fee for me than Simply Acer!)

Guest, Aug 20, 2008
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

I had a good experience with Amazon. Ordered 1pm yesterday, delivered 8.30am today.

It's the white SSD version. Paid £219.99 + £8 for next day delivery.

And it is fantastic, just playing with it now.

Guest, Aug 20, 2008
  14. Guest

KiNG

i just got another email from amazon saying the 120gb blue 512mb model is delayed again, could be anything from the 03/09/08 to 17/09/08 !

KiNG, Aug 20, 2008
  15. Guest

gbee

:( When I ordered on Saturday it had gone up from £219.99 to £222.20! I opted for free delivery, won't be here until tomorrow at the earliest and could take until the end of next week :(

gbee, Aug 20, 2008
  16. Guest

Nambleruk

Cancelled my order with Amazon, they called me to confirm that the estimated arrival of the units with them was 13th September!
    Ordered from Laptopsdirect, the 150, in blue 120gb is the same price as the 110, in blue SSD 8gb. Guess which one i went for .. :lol:
    Delivery by Friday.

Sooooooooooooo .. will keep you posted

apologies for the amount of edits, spelling and english seem to have deserted me .. ;)

Nambleruk, Aug 20, 2008
  17. Guest

gbee

The SSD of course.

gbee, Aug 20, 2008
  18. Guest

sideways

I cancelled my amazon.co.uk order, ordered a 120gb blue linux aspire from laptopsdirect.co.uk. Delivery was a bit steep (~£14 incl vat for next day), but it was delivered next day (21st Aug) so I can't complain.

sideways, Aug 22, 2008
  19. Guest

Guest Guest

Now just had an email from CCL - delay on the blue 8gb SSD AA1s, stock now due 27th August!

Leads me to believe that Acer have terrible stock levels of Blue 8gb SSD models, and have just put the white versions out for sale in the UK at least :evil:

Guest, Aug 22, 2008
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Right, ordered from Laptops Direct now, and just had notification that it has been sent.

Funny how the courier charge is £24.95 + VAT, but they are sending it ParcelForce, which should be nowhere near that cost!

Guest, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question