all USB ports and SD slots have died on standard ZG5.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jonquil5804, Jun 13, 2010.

1. jonquil5804

jonquil5804

Hi All!
    My ZG5 recently pulled a strange one on me. i needed to clear up some space on my flash disc so i moved some important docs onto my ZG5. then today i wanted to move those docs back to my flash disc and when i insert the flash disc it gives me the error: Failed to mount 'flash' could not read from /media/.hal-mtab. i then tried to use the SD slots and it gives me the same error message. I have tried numerous restarts to absolutely no avail. I currently have no working Usb ports or any working SD slots. When i bought the computer it did not come with an intall disc or any way for me to re-install software. I have read a bit on this forum about similar problems but i really do not understand the jargon. not really a linux user. A further thing which may or may not be related is that when i try to access certain files such as the /etc file i get the error: could not open '/etc' the nautilis file manager is not running.
    please help! am rather confused! have had to temporarily steal another laptop to post this plea!

I am Running a bog standard as shipped from factory ZG5 with no mods at all.

jonquil5804, Jun 13, 2010
Ask a Question