Alien vs Predator 2 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by AceAspire, Feb 9, 2009.

1. AceAspire

AceAspire

I installed and patched Alien vs Predator 2 to 1.0.9.6 and then found a no-CD Patch. Every time I launch AvsP, though, and go to play the single player, it starts to load the level and then Avira AV flags it as malware. I then have to force reboot the computer.

I used the no-CD fix for 1.0.9.6 made by Evolution.

Avira AV flags "BDS/Apdoor.A back-door program", installed in C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temp\sres.dll

Scanning the computer with Avira AV and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware detect nothing else.

I can't seem to find a clean no-CD fix anywhere, and I was wondering if this is a false alarm being it is a cracked .exe or actual malware?

AceAspire, Feb 9, 2009
  2. AceAspire

Fluxx

Sorry, dont have the answer. Im just curious as to whether you got it to work. I could do with some AvP2 goodness.... :twisted:

Fluxx, Feb 18, 2009
  3. AceAspire

AceAspire

I've considered trying running it with Avira turned off, but don't want to risk infection. I do know that people have gotten it working on the AAO and that it runs well. Just seems the no-CD patch I can find is infected.

AceAspire, Feb 20, 2009
  4. AceAspire

Fluxx

I downloaded the demo and it runs well.....just need to pick up the full game again.
    :D

Fluxx, Feb 20, 2009
Ask a Question