aircrack - can get ath%d0 listening but not injecting

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by ratbon, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ratbon

ratbon

After a lot of fiddling about I mananged to get aircrack-ng installed on my Acer Asprie One Linpus 120gb (mainly involved downloading kernel header files and installing madwifi with patch) and I can now run the monitor (airmon-ng) which will crack my own network if I'm streaming loads of data wirelessly at the time. Strange thing is the device shows up as "ath%d0", but from other threads I've read, this is normal.

HOWEVER, I cannot inject, despite other claims that this is possible with this machine.

Does anyone have any pointers as to what the problem might be? I can run the full suite of aircrack-ng commands, and airmon-ng works perfectly, such that I can crack if enough traffic is flowing.... I just don't have any luck getting injection test working - i.e. "aireplay-ng -9 wlan0" does not show that injection is working.

I can only come to one of the following three conclusions:

1. Injection with linpus installed will not work... for reasons unknown.

2. Injection with the wireless card installed on the 120gb linpus machine will not work... for reasons unknown.

3. I'm stupid and am missing something obvious... for reasons known.

Any help would be very greatfully received.

Thanks,

Andy

ratbon, Dec 29, 2008
  2. ratbon

oncledams

hi,
    I did some test with the injection.
    If I inject more than 100 packets/seconds, the netbook freeze.
    At 100, it works like 10 minutes then freeze again. I don't know why.
    I didn't try less.
    In aircrack's tutorial you can find on the net, it use to be 600/second.
    Hope it helped you.

oncledams, Jan 4, 2009
Ask a Question