Ahhh! The thing just won't start properly.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Lalaru, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Lalaru

Lalaru

So I got my Aspire One ZG5 not even a week ago and I think I already screwed it up. It was about 2am and I had been working on a paper which I had just transferred to my external hard drive to transfer to my other computer. I unplugged the USB without doing any of that "safe remove" stuff and I have a feeling that might be the reason why my little Acer is on the fritz. It was working perfectly before I transferred the file and unplugged my hard drive. I rolled over in bed this morning and turned it on only to be greeted with a flash of a blue screen and something about "not being able to recover start up data" and a long wait as a white bar at the bottom of a black screen loaded. Now it just keeps restarting after asking me if I would like to restart in safe mode or normally, I've tried all the options and it just restarts again. Any idea what the problem here is? Is there a way to reformat and reinstall everything with only the start up screen available to me? (f2, f12) Oh this runs XP btw.

Also, I ordered the pink model on Amazon, in all the photos it has a black piece of plastic surrounding the screen but mine has a white. Does that seem fishy or is it just the way they ship them here to the US...?

Lalaru, Dec 22, 2008
  2. Lalaru

nmesisca

Have you tried booting with Last known good configuration?

nmesisca, Dec 22, 2008
  3. Lalaru

Lalaru

Yep. ):

Lalaru, Dec 22, 2008
  4. Lalaru

Lalaru

I tried again, it makes it to the window scene but then there's a flash of a blue screen with something about an error, it doesn't stay long enough for me to see what it is, system32 was all I caught. Then it just goes back to the screen that says "windows was not shut down properly blah blah blah." What the heck, I just got this a few days ago, this really sucks. I don't want to send it away yet, surely there must be some way to reformat it at least. :(

EDIT: Holy crap I just saw something about dumping memory?! DX

[​IMG]

I think it was this... )))):

Lalaru, Dec 22, 2008
  5. Lalaru

info

info, Dec 22, 2008
Ask a Question