After system recovery keeps booting into system recovery

Discussion in 'Linux' started by maverick25ss, Jan 16, 2011.

1. maverick25ss

maverick25ss

Hi all,

I have been using Easy Peasy 1.6 for the almost 3 years i have had my AAO. Now i need to return to XP, (and the fact i got impatient whilst resizing a partition on my hard drive to avoid loosing Linux and wrecked the partition anyway), and I thought the easiest way would be to use System Restore....Wrong!!

* Basically GRUB no longer runs (XP is the last option on the long list of modes to enter into Linux) and I couldn't run system restore that way.
    * ALT-F10 did not work due to GRUB taking control of things, but that was fixed with XP repair running FIXMBR
    * But because of the hard drive being partitioned in EXT4 for linux system restore could not recognize my drive
    * So using a ubuntu live CD i deleted the EXT4 partition and created an NTFS partition and reboot
    * Now i managed to get into system restore and everything worked...

But, now everytime i boot my AAO it boots into system restore, not XP.

I did install XP off a CD and used the CD key (barely readable) off the bottom of my AAO but i don't really want to hunt around for drivers because almost nothing is recognized.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

maverick25ss, Jan 16, 2011
  2. maverick25ss

donec

What model of AAO do you have? Did it originally come with XP? Did you allow XP to format your drive when you installed it from CD? Sometimes Windows does not like drives formatted via Linux.

donec, Jan 16, 2011
  3. maverick25ss

Swarvey Moderator

If you've got XP installed, just install the drivers. They'll either be in the recovery disks you created when you first got your AAO, or they're on the Acer Support website. On a decent internet connection you'll have your AAO up and running in no time.

Swarvey, Jan 16, 2011
Ask a Question