After Suspend WiFi doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by the803, Jun 24, 2009.

1. the803

the803

Hey guys,
    I am currently running CrunchBang on my A150. Very happy with it. However the only issue that I have is the fact that when I resume from the Aspire being Suspended, the WiFi doesn't work. It detects wireless connections but cannot connect for some reason.

the803, Jun 24, 2009
  2. the803

DutchDK

Open a terminal.
    Enter "sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart" (without the quotes) in the terminal, and press enter. Works for the kernel ath5K driver if it goes haywire after a suspend/hibernation.

If you are using the old deprecated Madwifi ath_pci driver, do the following:
    Open a terminal.
    Enter "sudo /etc/init.d/networking stop && sudo modprobe -r ath_pci && sudo modprobe ath_pci && sudo /etc/init.d/networking start" (withouth the quotes) in the terminal and press enter.

DutchDK, Jun 24, 2009
  3. the803

the803

So I used the second one you gave cos for the first one it said something about being unknown or something.
    The second one restarted the internet connection and then reconnected to the network. After that I suspended the Aspire and then resumed it back however it did not work.
    Shut it down then put it on again. Suspended, resumed and still didn't work. Same action as before, it sees the wireless networks though it doesn't connect.

the803, Jun 24, 2009
Ask a Question