Adventure game for AA1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by wickid, Aug 21, 2008.

1. wickid

wickid

Hi there,

I'm looking for a free adventure game to play on my AA1.

Does anyone know anything with nice graphics? There's plenty for Windows, but can't seem to find anything nice for Linux

Thanks a lot!

wickid, Aug 21, 2008
  2. wickid

Irwin J. Finster

Hi,

have you tried ScummVM ?It's an Interpreter that let's you play all those classic Lucasarts adventures like Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, The Dig etc.. Some of those games are still pretty decent graphicswise, and for gameplay they are hard to beat anyway. Also many of the old Sierra Adventures will run fine in ScummVM too. There are IIRC two adventures which for ScummVM which are free of charge. And you can pick up most of the others at bargain bin prices in some collection or other - or many of them are also avaliable on bittorent & co should you be so inclined.

Irwin J. Finster, Aug 22, 2008
  3. wickid

Foranamo

Beneath a Steel Sky is a great game to play with ScummVM too :)

Foranamo, Aug 22, 2008
  4. wickid

Irwin J. Finster

Yep, and that 's even one of those that are free :D

Irwin J. Finster, Aug 22, 2008
  5. wickid

wickid

Guys, thanks. I've installed ScummVM and will see what's out there

wickid, Aug 23, 2008
  6. wickid

marudai

Quick note about this - ScummVM doesn't seem to understand aufs, so if you're using the expansion slot you might not be able to easily see the games you've downloaded. I had to go through /media to find my games with ScummVMs internal file selector.

marudai, Sep 11, 2008
  7. wickid

Angel

Thanks for the hot tip lovely boys!

Angel xoxoxo

Angel, Sep 21, 2008
  8. wickid

Elmlea

I've downloaded and installed SCUMMVM (lifelong Lucasarts fan, with all the games still piled up in the loft!), but I can't get it to "see" any of the folders I've put my games in.

I've copied my files from The Secret of Monkey Island onto a USB drive, but SCUMMVM can't look at that. So I copied it onto the AA1's SSD in a folder called "Games" next to "Files," "Documents" etc, but when I fire up SCUMMVM it sees all the folders like "Pictures" and "Videos" but can't see my "Games" one!

Anyone have any hints?

Elmlea, Oct 1, 2008
  9. wickid

marudai

I had this issue, too, because I'm using an SDHC card in the expansion slot. By default SCUMMVM looks in your home folder, but only on the main hard drive. The system that Linpus uses to unify the hard drive and SD card puts things where there's the most space, so your games are probably on the card. If look in /mnt/home then you'll see your unified home folder and your games should be in there.

marudai, Oct 1, 2008
Ask a Question