Advanced Mode - Window size problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rameses, Jan 16, 2009.

1. rameses

rameses

I've just got my AAO and love it to bits. However there's one small problem I've come across that is annoying me. I've done the hack to bring up the xcfe settings window, but the window hangs off the bottom of the screen so I can't read the labels on the bottom three icons. I can't work out how to resize or move the window so it all fits on the screen.

It's not a big deal just annoying. Anyone any ideas?

rameses, Jan 16, 2009
  2. rameses

Japser

You can push a window upwards by holding the alt key and grabbing the window with the mouse somewhere in the middle.
    But note: this only works if the window is not maximized.

--Japser.

Japser, Jan 16, 2009
  3. rameses

noobeeJF

i found this problem, and yes, easily solved by pressing Alt and dragging, but i was wondering.. there must be a line to change somewhere to resize the box maybe? resize it to fit more sunggly??
    just a thought.... :geek:

noobeeJF, Jan 16, 2009
  4. rameses

rameses

Thanks for the tip. It sort of works, but the bottom of the window still 'hangs' off the bottom of the screen. For one of the settings windows (I can't remember which one) theres and entire row of icons I can't see.

If I could work out how to make the icons smaller or closer together that might help.

rameses, Jan 18, 2009
  5. rameses

rameses

Oddly it's working fine today and I can move the windows around the screen to see all buttons etc. :D

I wonder if it had something to do with hiding the task bar - that knackered my network connectivity until I stopped it auto hiding :?:

rameses, Jan 19, 2009
Ask a Question