Advanced mode , how do I specify root password?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by baribar, Dec 21, 2008.

1. baribar

baribar

Hello there, im new to linpus and i did a small hack to enable advanced menu with right click on desktop, to be able to add \remove programs. the problem is that when i try to proceed to add/remove programs the sysem asks me fpr apassword to enter piruntu or something,
    the user password i defined does not work.
    I was wondering if this advanced menu password , a password that i crearted at some point and my crappy memory doesnt remeber(like on first use of the compter) or is this a special password that is factory set or something.
    Since i doubted that my password at first boot could be wrong i went to settings/chang password and succeded in changing it,
    but the new password didnt work in the advanced menu.
    Please somebody enlighen me on this password mystery that is frustraating me.. Any use ful idea is welcome..Thanks

baribar, Dec 21, 2008
  2. baribar

cinijast

having the same problem and root as the password dosent work , any help would be greatly appreciated

cinijast, Dec 30, 2008
  3. baribar

kapinouwi

if you dont remember your password to be "root"

open terminal with alt f2

write "terminal" (w/o quote) clic on run

in the new window

sudo bash (enter)
    passwd (enter) and you can enter a new password you don't see them but it's normal with linux

sorry for my poor english... ;)

kapinouwi, Dec 30, 2008
  4. baribar

baribar

A big thanks to Kapinoowi , your English is fine and you are very clearand it worked :D .
    Another imp. question:
    How can i get better persian/farsi fonts on the websites that i browse with linpus, I remeber they were fine with asus Eee (firefoxand Xandros). Even if u dont know, because its aspecific problem, would u think it depends more on the linpus not supporting certain character styles or because of firefox differences, (version, plugin) in the 2 computers?

baribar, Jan 1, 2009
  5. baribar

kapinouwi

huuuuuu sorry i don't know... :oops:

kapinouwi, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question