Adobe print dialog won't fit the screen

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Fish44, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Fish44

Fish44

Hi all.
    Anyone else having this problem. Try to print from Adobe, and the print window is larger than the screen, and options are not available including the OK CANCEL. If there's not a fix, anyone have a recomended PDF reader suggestion. At the moment i click into the print to file box, then tab three times to get hte OK. This is not ideal.

Thanks

Fish44, Oct 6, 2008
  2. Fish44

Primus

I have the same problem with The Gimp, might be worth looking at the option above which I found on this forum, I tried it with my wife's AA1 but the Virtual 1024 600 line was already set to 1024 768.

Failing that get your curser in the Print Dialog box hold down the the alt key first along with the left mouse-pad button you should see the crosshair at this point then move the box up the screen with the mouse-pad to revel the bottom of the Print Dialog box.

Hope this helps.

Primus, Oct 8, 2008
  3. Fish44

cpchan

The virtual directive strangely does not work with this driver+internal monitor combo. I can never get pass 1024x600 on the internal LCD (even if I disable the modeline in the monitor section and let X probe it). Anyway even if we can, it will look terrible since the native resolution of the screen is 1024x600 @ 60 kHz.

cpchan, Oct 8, 2008
  4. Fish44

blackhawk

I am KDE user, many window not fit on 1024x600 screen but ALT + left mouse click + drag is my friend :)

blackhawk, Oct 9, 2008
  5. Fish44

cpchan

This is what everyone does, but it is a pain. It would be nice for the virtual directive to work.

cpchan, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question