Adobe Flash Player won't play full screen

Discussion in 'Linux' started by j4jimbo, Dec 18, 2010.

1. j4jimbo

j4jimbo

I recently updated to Adobe Flash Player 10.1.102.65 with the .rpm for Linux update from Adobe and the test screen tells me that it's successfully installed.

My problem is that although flash videos play in the small screen boxes, if I try full screen it doesn't work and I just get, "The Adobe flash plugin has crashed. No report available."

I've seen that I could try unchecking the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" box in the "Settings" option in the right click menu of the player to maybe solve the full screen issue but it's greyed out!

I'm running Firefox 3.6.13 on Linux Linpus. Machine is AOA150 Ab.

Are there additional things I need to do for a proper installation of Flash? I could try uninstalling and installing again perhaps but the uninstalling part's not obvious to me on this o/s. Interestingly, mozilla's plugin check says that I have an outdated Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 whereas Adobe is clear that the Flash Player is up to date? :?

j4jimbo, Dec 18, 2010
  2. j4jimbo

j4jimbo

So I've now realised that some flash videos give settings on the right click and some don't. If you go into You Tube and right click on a flash vid playing there, I got to go into settings.

Unchecked the "enable hardware acceleration" and ............ no difference whatsoever. Not that then.

I've also uninstalled the flash player with "sudo rpm -e flash-plugin" and then reinstalled it successfully. No difference either.

j4jimbo, Dec 18, 2010
Ask a Question