Adobe Air on Linpus Lite

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ash r, Dec 27, 2008.

1. ash r

ash r

Hi,

I downloaded adobe air but I can't seem to find the launch it. I was hoping to build an application with it. I am using Linpus Lite. I have downloaded an .air file and ran that okay. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ash R

ash r, Dec 27, 2008
  2. ash r

devilqube

the adobe air installer is not supported on XFCE based distros :(

i have managed to it to install but the air app (iplayer in this case) does not seem to work and i am missing the program shortcuts for installing an air application.

to install the Air application
    i did the following

chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

the bin file will then run but the installer will fail unless you install rpmbuild first

sudo yum install rpm-build

(if you do this bit and have the latest flash player installed the automatic installer on the iplayer page should now run ok)

not sure if this messes up anything else and since air does not seem to work properly anyway it might not be worth worrying about. the adobe site has it listed as needing gnome or KDE so i guess linpus is missing something

i hope this helps.

carl

devilqube, Dec 28, 2008
  3. ash r

ash r

Yeah I figured as much about XFCE based distros. I suppose I shall have to wait until its supported.

Thanks for the info though :)

-Ash R

ash r, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question