Adjusting webcam settings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gius, May 14, 2009.

1. gius

gius

I am trying to take webcam photographs of stitches on a garment, but there is so much light (coming from any source, the laptop's, the lamp's, everything!) that what I am shooting becomes all white or too bright to see clearly.

Does anyone know how to adjust the webcam settings? To reduce brightness, saturation, etc.

I had a feeling I must have changed it when I first got the laptop because I took my first photos of a garment and they came out very clear and well detailed. I even shot close ups with the webcam. Now it's too bright, there's no detail and the hues are slightly colder.

Wasn't sure where to post this question.. I thought "Tech Support" but don't know what category to post it in.

gius, May 14, 2009
  2. gius

TheTilde

Hi
    You should post what your OS is. On Linux the webcam app is straight forward for settings.

TheTilde

TheTilde, May 14, 2009
  3. gius

gius

Oh it's Windows XP

Acer Aspire One
    It seems there are a lot of versions for this kind of laptop but it doesn't give me any more info on the box or inside. Just some other numbers, but they don't go with the laptop names on the Acer website.

gius, May 14, 2009
  4. gius

TheTilde

TheTilde, May 14, 2009
  5. gius

gius

Thanks! ^That link did the job
    I was searching earlier but couldn't find anything specific

Everything's fine now :D

gius, May 14, 2009
Ask a Question