Add on batteries -- where, how much, how they work?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by fbx, Dec 9, 2008.

1. fbx

fbx

I'm hoping this can be a thread on add on batteries, replacement 3 cells, 6 and 9 cells from various suppliers, complete with prices, quality of sales service, how the batteries actually run your AAO, how long they run, etc. Reason is, natch, I'm in the market for a longer-life battery for my AAO and would like to gather notes from people who have already bought same. Thanks all--

fbx, Dec 9, 2008
  2. fbx

fbx

fbx, Dec 10, 2008
  3. fbx

fbx

Received it today (12/19/08) so it took 10 days from eBay purchase to arrival. I put it in my AAO and it showed as 56% charged, and it's been running since 5:15 pm (two hours) and now shows 21% and 1.16 hrs remaining.

When it runs all the way down I will recharge and time a full charge.

Looks good (matches my white AAO) but is large. Does tilt the machine and thus the keyboard to a comfortable typing angle as others have mentioned.

Cheers--

fbx, Dec 20, 2008
  4. fbx

fbx

First run without charging started at 56% charged and ran 3 hrs 20 mins. I recharged it for about 5 hrs. It was fully charged before this, but I didn't get back to it until 5 hrs later.

running on charged battery says 99% charged and power enough for 7.2 hrs.

more as it develops

fbx, Dec 20, 2008
  5. fbx

dskid807

That's similar to the one I have but slightly bigger in terms of capacity 7200mAh vs my 6600mAh. Mine will crank out approx. 9 hours under web browsing and msn on Linpus and 8:30 on Xp so I'd expect you to get that or more on the SSD version but it may be slightly less if you have the HDD version, it will be slightly less than that.
    When you receive the battery, you should charge it fully, remove the One from the mains, plug it back in again to see if it will take anymore charge. If it doesnt, dischaarge the battery until the One shuts off then recharge it fully again. Repeat this 2-3 times then your battery will be operating at peak performance.

dskid807, Dec 20, 2008
Ask a Question