Action when screen freezes then goes black?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by choogle, Apr 5, 2009.

1. choogle

choogle

I was faced with the situation where the screen froze then went black recently. The 'power on' button stayed lit up as green but no action I was taking seemed to make any difference. I was just going to leave the netbook to run out of power (since this worked when I had a 'whiteout' situation a few weeks back), but then it occurred to me to remove the battery and then put it back in.

Although this worked OK, I'm not sure whether it was the wisest thing to do. Any ideas?

choogle, Apr 5, 2009
  2. choogle

garrettp

Boy, that could be anything. What Operating System are you using? what kind of hardware did you have hooked up? Any upgrades to the AA1? How old is the AA1 and is it the original install of the OS?

Removing the battery while running will not hurt anything. Although if you did not save work you may have lost information on what ever program you may have had running. Other then that it is simply a hard reboot. I wouldn't suggest it for shutting down the laptop but if it is stuck as stated above, it is probably the best thing you could do rather then leave it in the hung state.

garrettp, Apr 5, 2009
Ask a Question