Acer Travelmate 5610 Windows install graphics issue

Discussion in 'Acer' started by TravisT, Oct 28, 2012.

1. TravisT

TravisT

Hello,

I bought my Acer Travelmate 5610 a few years ago with Vista home basic on it. I love it, it's been great but after a few years it started getting buggy. I am very comfortable with PC's and decided to backup my wanted files, format and reinstall Windows. I do not have a Vista disk so I started with XP. Install loads normal, formats, copies files then reboots as normal.

The next step Windows will restart with the windows XP logo and then it will start setup in the windows environment. I get the WIndows XP logo with the moving green bar below it, but once this finished the screen goes black. No matter what I do the screen always goes black at this point.

I tried installing Windows 7 since I have that disk but the screen goes black as soon as I choose to "install from disk".

I realize it must be a graphics driver issue. Any idea how I can fix this? I have never had this issue in any other computer. The default graphics work great but once the Windows loading screen finished the screen goes black.

Please let me know if you have any ideas. I am really bummed without my laptop. Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    TravisT, Oct 28, 2012
  2. TravisT

TravisT

I've used an external display with the same result. I do not know how to update the BIOS without being able to see anything.

TravisT, Oct 28, 2012
  3. TravisT

TravisT

Resolved issue. I had 4G if RAM installed. Removed one stick and everything works fine............................arrggghhH!!!!! :)

TravisT, Oct 28, 2012
Ask a Question