Acer Splash Screen on BootUp

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GerryP, Mar 23, 2009.

1. GerryP

GerryP

Anyone know how to delete the Acer splash screen that I see at the start of boot up. Since I already know I own an Acer I'd rather save the viewing time for this advertisement and start up a wee bit faster.

GerryP, Mar 23, 2009
  2. GerryP

Topster

Go to windows/web/wallpaper. Rename the "Acer" bmp image to Acer 1. When you reboot, splash will not be there. If you want some other type of splash display, just make it a 1024x600 bmp image in size and put it in the web/wallpaper folder and name it Acer. It MUST be a 1024x600 BMP file. New splash will appear when you restart system. :D

Topster, Mar 30, 2009
  3. GerryP

GerryP

Sounds sensible. Thanks!

Does renaming save me any bootup time, or do I incur just as much time delay while Windows searches for a file that isn't there?

GerryP, Mar 30, 2009
  4. GerryP

Peco29

X2 and yes it saves on boot time.

Peco29, Mar 30, 2009
  5. GerryP

GerryP

Your recommendation was to change the filename from "Acer" to "Acer1" so that windows cannot find the Acer bmp image and , hence, will not display it. Makes sense.

Any chance that this action will prompt an error message, or (even worse) cause the system to hang while looking for a file that no longer exists?

GerryP, Mar 30, 2009
  6. GerryP

Guest Guest

It worked! Thank you!!

Guest, Mar 31, 2009
  7. GerryP

GerryP

What "worked"? Changing Acer wallpaper name to blank the screen, or changing the wallpaper for a different image?

Any speedup in boot-up time? --- or does the screen just sit idle and blank for the time it once displayed the Acer adv ?

No error message or hang-up I presume. Right?

GerryP, Mar 31, 2009
  8. GerryP

Guest Guest

I changed the wallpaper name as suggested and there does seem to be a speedup in boot-up time. No error messages.

Guest, Mar 31, 2009
  9. GerryP

Brian10161

I found the acer.bmp file in the registry where it was being referenced and I removed the name out of the key value. This stopped the image from coming up on startup.

It's in the registry, just search "Acer.bmp" and you'll know it when you see it.

I know you have already solved it by renaming the image file, but this is just another way of doing it. This removed the chance for it to search for the image and not waste any time (even though its minuscule at most)

Brian10161, Apr 1, 2009
Ask a Question