ACER SEEMS TO EAT MORE RAM as a session continues and slooowwsss!

Discussion in 'Acer' started by jackdashack, Nov 26, 2013.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

I have an Acer Aspire One. I have XP Home on it and 1.2meg of ram. Using Chrome browser, but it seems any browser acts the same, As the session goes on, and basically I'm only using it for Facebook and email, it can later be using up to 80% of the Ram. I can use a ram recover like iObit's, but still it doesn't seem to release the ram until I shut down and restart.

Do you have any suggestions. I would be greatly appreciative. Jack ":-\\

jackdashack, Nov 26, 2013
  2. jackdashack

Ian Administrator

Hi Jack,

Which model Acer Aspire One do you have? If you've had XP on it for years, it may be worth backing up your data and formatting it for a clean start (perhaps even upgrading to Windows 7?). Chrome should be pretty zippy, even after a long session. If you don't want to format, I'd strongly recommend an anti-virus/anti-malware scan just to make sure that there isn't something nasty lurking and slowing down your PC.

I'd also go through everything that loads on startup and make sure you've not got things that you don't need. If you can list the "startup" tab that is shown when you run "msconfig.exe", we may be able to suggested a few things.

Ian, Nov 27, 2013
  3. jackdashack

Spetznia

Before you format jack, I suppose you did all the usual thing like clean out you cache and get rid of all your junk files , try ccleaner the free edition from piriform just might help you out. otherwise do what admin suggests, but a complete format is the last straw. Xp as you should know will not be supported after April.

Spetznia, Nov 27, 2013
    Ian likes this.
  4. jackdashack

eliza151

Pretty much what the people above me said. Also, run an antivirus scan, there are some viruses that use your pc power to make money or something.

eliza151, Dec 6, 2013
Ask a Question