Acer Part Number for HSDPA motherboard.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by UkOne, Dec 31, 2008.

1. UkOne

UkOne

Hi

I had a thought to replace the motherboard in my AA1 150 with that of the HSDPA version that is now available.

I know there is an old (July 2008) parts list on here but it does not include the new HSPDA model.

Could any one tell me the Acer Part number for the HSDPA enable motherboard with sim socket so that I can order a replacment from Acer ?

Thanks for you help

UkOne

UkOne, Dec 31, 2008
  2. UkOne

nbturbos

bump, this is just the same thing i'm looking for.

nbturbos, Apr 13, 2009
  3. UkOne

melhiore

Is it really necessary for you to buy expensive motherboard plus 3G modem?? You can just add much cheaper mod to have 3G in your AA1. I'm doing this right now and TBH overall cost of whole mod will be lower then cost of motherboard only...

melhiore, Apr 13, 2009
  4. UkOne

jerryt

I would strongly consider the HSDPA motherboard after having soldered the mini PCI-e connector myself (there are 52 pins and the pin spacing is .8mm).

Although there may be a market to install the connectors (mPCIe and Sim) for people on their own motherboards.

jerryt, Apr 13, 2009
  5. UkOne

melhiore

Look for any game console service/repair center. They mostly have fully equipped workshop with hot air soldering guns etc. Friend of mine paid £10 for soldering miniPCI-e, two resistors for USB signals and the fuse for power. He brought only miniPCI-e header - they gave him resistors and fuse for free - just to do the good job. All this operation took them 15 min...

melhiore, Apr 13, 2009
  6. UkOne

jerryt

10, That is a deal...

jerryt, Apr 13, 2009
  7. UkOne

nbturbos

Yea that may be ok for most people, but I much prefer the ease of being able to remove my data sim card (I have a data only sim for HSDPA internet with my wireless card) and take it to either another phone to use as a data device, or my HSDPA card when I need to do presentations on my tablet.

I'd rather spend a few bucks and get the OEM motherboard with the stock sim location behind the battery :mrgreen:

nbturbos, Apr 14, 2009
  8. UkOne

jerryt

Tnkgrl's mod has the same fit, form, and function, with the sim behind the battery.

jerryt, Apr 14, 2009
  9. UkOne

Shad0wguy

Few bucks? Highly doubt it. I can almost guarantee it will cost nearly as much as a whole new AAO.

Shad0wguy, Apr 14, 2009
  10. UkOne

melhiore

That's exactly why I suggested doing mod for much lower price...

melhiore, Apr 14, 2009
  11. UkOne

Kyoto

Yours best shot by far if you dont want to do mod is to sell yours current machine and buy new one with HSDPA. That would even be safest solution coz by so far forum experience menu ppl started to have problems after doing some hardware upgrade that required disassembling.

Anyway I had somewhere around PDF with partnumbers if I find it I will post you yours needing number.

Kyoto, Apr 15, 2009
  12. UkOne

Kyoto

Kyoto, Apr 15, 2009
  13. UkOne

adrianaitken

And that motherboard part number is for the HD version, not the SSD version which is probably why there are different 3G slot cover numbers.

adrianaitken, Apr 17, 2009
  14. UkOne

jerryt

The plastic button to turn WiFi on/off is different in the 3G case to allow it to go left for HSDPA on/off.

jerryt, Apr 17, 2009
Ask a Question