Acer One Aspire Win 7 starter SP1

Discussion in 'Windows' started by colinstone, Jul 22, 2011.

1. colinstone

colinstone

Trying to install SP 1 on my Aspire One whic h is proving to be a real pain. Tried to disable or remove anything that might interfere with the install, but everytime it fails. Any ideas out there??

colinstone, Jul 22, 2011
  2. colinstone

Swarvey Moderator

I didn't have any success with any of my Win7 machines when it came time to install SP1. The only way I could get it installed was to integrate it into my original Win7 DVD and reinstall Windows.

If your AAO came with restore disks, your best bet would probably be a fresh install from the restore disks and try installing SP1 again from a clean slate. But, considering Acer modified the image for the restore disks, you may just run into the same problem again.

Does the SP1 installer give you any error messages?

Swarvey, Jul 23, 2011
  3. colinstone

Orbiting234

Make sure you are up to date with ALL updates from Windows Update first. I seem to recall there may have been some that were required prior to SP1 installation. I had zero issues installing SP1 months ago on two AOA150 and AOD250 models so it does install.

That said, I hate service packs on top of existing OS installs. I always nuke and reinstall with integrated media.

Orbiting234, Jul 23, 2011
  4. colinstone

Swarvey Moderator

If you're going the nuke-and-reinstall route, I would suggest using RT7Lite to pre-integrate SP1 to your install media. That is if you already have a Windows7 instal disk that matches the version you're using on your netbook (Win 7 Starter in your case). Don't forget to backup your files.

Swarvey, Jul 23, 2011
Ask a Question