Acer One AOA150 Wireless card problems

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by leonclement, Oct 1, 2009.

1. leonclement

leonclement

Hey everyone this is my first post in this forum i really need to know how to fix this.

I have an Acer one AOA150, geniuine xp home sp3, its only about 6months old.

Every say 1 week ill be on the web and all of a sudden the wireless connection will stop, wireless activity light will stop blinking, the wireless connection icon at the bottom right will dissapear, and if i go into device manager the wireless card has dissapeared.

I have 3 other PCs/Laptops running off the same wireless network and they all work perfect when the Acer stops, so the problem isnt the router.

Restarting the laptop dosnt fix it, the only way i have found is by doing a system restore back 1-2days then it will work fine for another week or less.

Sometimes if i just leave it overnight in the morning the wireless will be back again.

I have Updated to the latest BIOS, latest Chipset driver, and latest Wireless driver.

I was thinking maybe overheating? But when the wireless stops the laptop doesnt feel hot at all, it must be something software/driver related? as it usually works again straight after a restore.

I know this is a common problem with this model? Any help would be awesome.

Cheers in advance.

leonclement, Oct 1, 2009
  2. leonclement

fateastray

Don't restart the computer. Shut it down and boot it back up. The card will work again

fateastray, Oct 11, 2009
  3. leonclement

leonclement

Ok thanks will try that next time it stops, do you know why this happens?

leonclement, Oct 13, 2009
  4. leonclement

Rich in ILM

My WiFi performance has been rock solid and with good range after I installed this driver: 7.6.1.210
    http://tinyurl.com/yjycxhm Samsung UK website

And turned the power save feature off.
    Device manager/Atheros Adapter/Advanced/Power Save Mode Off

Finally, you just can't operate this small footprint computer if the vent holes on the bottom and sides are blocked, even a little bit. Several people I helped set this compter up complained about the WiFi dying. In each case they had the computer in their lap, on a placemat, or other behaviors that impeded airflow. It doesn't take a lot and the WiFi card is the first to shut down.
    BTW my bios is 3309

Rich in ILM, Oct 13, 2009
Ask a Question