Acer one AOA 150 turning itself off

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by carloskev, May 14, 2010.

1. carloskev

carloskev

Hi all,

I have a problem with my laptop. It starts to load to windows xp and then it turns itself off. I have tried safe mode and the same, kept in bios but turning itself off.

I have previously sent it to acer about this problem and they updated bios but i am out of warranty now. Could it be the BIOS again? or is it another problem? as most ppl who have bios problems are not getting a screen from what I am reading

many thanks

carloskev, May 14, 2010
  2. carloskev

Swarvey Moderator

I would say at a stretch that it could be the BIOS again, they seem to be finiky and time-bombed in the AAO. Every day there's new posts here about people that have problems with AAO's that have been running fine for "x" amount of time, then suddenly unless they update the BIOS they're bricked.

I'd also suggest that you try running solely on AC, or solely on battery, to see if either of them is causing the problem. Try leaving the laptop turned off, but see if you can charge the battery to full that way (the orange charge light should turn green)

Long story short, it could be your battery, your charger, or your BIOS.

Swarvey, May 14, 2010
Ask a Question