Acer One and Apple Airport Extreme issues

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Calibretto, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Calibretto

Calibretto

Hey there,

Just got my windows based Acer One and love it to death, except one tiny problem.
    I have an Airport Extreme base station (gigabit model) and it seems that the Acer can't keep a stable connection with it, it'll connect then drop and sometimes stay connected (as in still connected to the router but no internet), but it appears to be resetting my base station's internet connection or resetting the whole thing, periodically. Everything else on the router loses the internet when the Acer connects. I have a macbook, Macbook Pro and two Xbox's hooked up and they never had problems before until the Acer started getting in on the Wifi.

Anyone else have this problem ? I really want to keep this netbook but its a bit of a headache fighting to keep it online.

Thanks for any help!

Calibretto, Aug 14, 2008
  2. Calibretto

Sid

I have an airport extreme (same as yours), the One has been working with it for over two weeks and there has never been a dropped connection.

Have you updated the firmware on the AE, there was a change recently?

Sid, Aug 14, 2008
  3. Calibretto

Sid

Sid, Aug 14, 2008
  4. Calibretto

Calibretto

Thats the Linux version, I have the windows version..

Its really odd, can't see how a laptop can reset a router by just connecting to it :(

Ive run the Airport utility and its updated the base station to the latest drivers, did that prior to owning the Acer.

Calibretto, Aug 15, 2008
  5. Calibretto

rory

Sounds stupid, but get an official airport card? At £15 I'd say it's worth a try. Dell have the 1390,1490 and with 802.11n, the 1500.
    All have OS X support too in case you fancy a nice fast OS that looks pretty cool too...
    Might just me being stupid, but it could be a faulty card anyway, so upgrading to an official Airport one could fix that too.
    Good luck
    Rory

rory, Aug 15, 2008
  6. Calibretto

Calibretto

The airport card only works in Macs, according to Apple's website.

Calibretto, Aug 15, 2008
Ask a Question