Acer One 8 GB with 16 GB memory card and 16 GB thumb drive

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by rootytooty, Feb 28, 2009.

1. rootytooty

rootytooty

I have added as you can see more memory using a bigger memory card and a bigger thumb drive to my 8 GB machine. How much RAM can I add to my machine. I think it comes with 1 GB.

Thanks,
    Bob

rootytooty, Feb 28, 2009
  2. rootytooty

jeremysdad

You added more storage. ;)

You can add another 512 MB of RAM, by removing the stock 512 MB DIMM, and replacing it with a 1 GB DIMM. You will have a total of 1.5 GB. There is a tutorial in the modifications forum. Just search for "memory upgrade". There are tutorials on YouTube, as well. Just search "Aspire One Memory Upgrade".

jeremysdad, Feb 28, 2009
  3. rootytooty

rootytooty

I just checked and I have one GB installed. Will the extra half make much difference??? Is it worth taking it apart like in the YouTube video????

rootytooty, Feb 28, 2009
  4. rootytooty

jeremysdad

It really depends on how you are going to use your One. If all you will be doing is web browsing/messaging/etc, then it might not be worth it. If you are heavy into multitasking, then yes, it will. Also helps with newer OSs, like Vista or 7.

So, it depends on what you do with it...also helps with gaming...

jeremysdad, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question