Acer one 250 cut out when moved please help

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mcalindenger, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mcalindenger

mcalindenger

Hello

I have a acer one Aod250 in red that boots up perfect when stationary but when i lift it up it cuts out the screen. the screen is lit slightly not completely blacked out. it also sometime gets stuck on either a white or a pink screen. my partner plugged it into the pc monitor and we found that it is not the connection from the keyboard to the screen. when i lift it up my hand goes under the left side that has a compartment. this compartment opened up has a film cover on it we need a schematic or a website that goes through how to open it up or if anyone know what the problem could be please let me know.

cheers

mcalindenger, Dec 13, 2011
  2. mcalindenger

Swarvey Moderator

You will more than likely find it is the cable inside the netbook that runs between the motherboard and the LCD, I had to replace mine a few months ago. I bought my replacement on eBay cheap enough and it has been running fine ever since.

Pretty simple install, just dismantle the netbook, disconnect the cable from the motherboard and LCD, desolder the connection from the microphone, unplug the webcam and reverse the process to install the new cable.

Swarvey, Dec 15, 2011
Ask a Question