Acer model 5535-6826 problems (fan, etc)

Discussion in 'Acer' started by jeremy841, Feb 26, 2011.

1. jeremy841

jeremy841

Hello..recently my Acer laptop has been very annoying..

my fan is very loud and it is running 100% of the time..but now recently my laptop has been whirring loudly and it sounds like the fan blades are slightly scraping against something ..I took the cover off and cleaned out alot of dust and whatnot ..but it's still very bad. When I move the laptop it gets even louder..or even when I move the screen/press keys it gets very bad. Also when I push on top of the fan it goes whirrrrrrrrr really loud. I'm thinking of taking the fan out and having a look, but it's connected to the CPU. I tried restarting..everything. I have to position the screen just right..push one end of the laptop up and put something under it to quiet it down a little..I tried AA1FanControl, but it's not working..fan running the whole time..

Any ideas? :|

thanks.

jeremy841, Feb 26, 2011
  2. jeremy841

jeremy841

bump... :|

jeremy841, Feb 27, 2011
  3. jeremy841

jamesaspire5050

I have had similar fan issues with an Acer Aspire 5050. What helped me was to run an external room fan directed at the back of the LCD screen, with a fan pad underneath. I also opened up the laptop and cleaned it with a vacuum. Obviously, this last option requires great care, some skill, and probably some good luck. If you have an experienced friend or acquaintance, so much the better. I always use an external fan for backup cooling.
    Good luck. I hope that you were able to solve it before it got much worse.

jamesaspire5050, Jul 19, 2011
  4. jeremy841

jamesaspire5050

jamesaspire5050, Jul 19, 2011
Ask a Question