Acer hard drive and RAM replaced and upgraded, wont boot

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Elise, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Elise

Elise

I upgraded my Acer Aspire One 725 to a 500 hard drive (from 320) and the RAM from 1GB to 2GB. I did this because the netbook was always on the slow side and finally the hard drive just crashed. Went to Best Buy and got the new hard drive and RAM, installed both. Ordered the recovery CD's (5), although this netbook does not have a disk drive. On another laptop, I opened the contents of the disks and copied each of the 5 disks to my 16GB flash drive. I then plugged this flash drive into my Acer, went into the Boot screen and made the USB (Sandisk recognized) the 1st in the list to boot. Get nothing but the black screen saying no media, check cable. Then no bootable device found. It is a wireless laptop, all new components installed correctly and seated well. Only thing I noticed was when I copied the disks one by one to the USB, there were files that were duplicated and I skipped those. The USB lists the boot disks alphabetically, not the order from the disks, does that matter? If so, how do I copy correctly to get this bleeping thing to boot?! Create a folder for each disk on the USB? Did I forget something?

Elise, Jun 16, 2015
  2. Elise

something back

Welcome to the laptop-forums

After pressing f2 in the "information" section of the motherboard settings,is the hard drive listed.

if it's not, then it sounds like a faulty hard drive.

After trying the same some years ago I found that the first flash drive did load and run properly , but the acer installation process failed due to it asking for the second cd it would not recognise the second flash drive.

An external cd/dvd rom drive is very cheap APPROX £7 OR $12

TYPE "cd dvd rom" IN EBAY

A rom drive will only read cd/dvd but it's the cheapest way to open and install your dvd's.

Be careful to buy the whole thing, and not just the case/caddy

something back, Jun 16, 2015
  3. Elise

Elise

HDD is recognized. When I plug in the USB to load windows, no boot disk is found even though I changed the boot sequence to do so.

Elise, Jun 16, 2015
  4. Elise

something back

something back, Jun 17, 2015
Ask a Question