Acer eRecovery Management

Discussion in 'Acer' started by littlefidget, Jun 8, 2012.

1. littlefidget

littlefidget

Just got a new Acer Aspire One Happy2 netbook. I'm not in the least tech savvy, so I'm sitting here wondering about creating a backup...

- What's the difference between a Default Factory Backup and a Drivers and Applications Backup?
    - Do I create both?
    - Also, since the Happy2 has no DVD Drive I'm going to use a USB flash drive. Am I correct in thinking that I can't use a USB which already contains anything else on it?
    - Does that also mean I have to create both backups on different USB drives?
    - One last thing, how much memory space does each backup require?

littlefidget, Jun 8, 2012
  2. littlefidget

Properjob70

I believe from the Acer instructions with mine you have to connect an external CD/DVD drive and it won't let you burn to a USB flash card (which is annoying given that I have half a dozen suitably sized SD cards lying around). But read on...

Anyhow I have a similar question, having just bought an Aspire Timeline X with a DVD drive. I'll do it with physical disks if I have to (I'd have to go and buy some as I only tend to keep CDs around generally),
    But is there a workaround that would let me burn the restore to a virtual DVD drive - I have Virtual CloneDrive for such occasions. My thinking is I can then transfer it to one (or maybe two if the drivers disk has to be separate) of my spare cards instead??

Advice welcomed.

Properjob70, Aug 14, 2012
  3. littlefidget

something back

something back, Aug 17, 2012
  4. littlefidget

Properjob70

Thanks, the Kernsafe virtual drive fooled erecovery into compliance!
    Just got to work out whether I can put 2 ISOs on one stick now and choose which to boot from...

Properjob70, Aug 17, 2012
Ask a Question