Acer D250 Vista Upgrade Wireless Problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Acer-PR, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Acer-PR

Acer-PR

Hello My Acer friends,

This time around im the one whos seeking help.

I have an Acer1 D250 with XP Pro Original OS and today i Installed Vista Original CD on it, replacing the XP Pro.

I had no problem with the installation. Vista installed just fine.

The problem i have is installing the wireless drivers.

I tried installing Atheros from acer.com but when i attempt to install the drivers i get a popup window stating the following:

"The Device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system
    Insert or Re-insert now"

And also ive received the following message :

"the installation program installs the driver when the client adapter is inserted"

Ive uninstalled Atheros several times and ive tried installing the Toshiba Atheros Driver and i still receive the same messages.

My device manager is showing the yellow caution:

Ethernet Controller
    Network Controller

How is it that using Xp pro prior to the Vista installation i had no problem with my wireless adapter ?

Ive had my Acer D250 for 2 yrs with no problems and for me it has been very reliable.

Im seeking a solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance !

Acer-pr

Acer-PR, Mar 2, 2011
  2. Acer-PR

Acer-PR

UPDATE:

I was able to install the Ethernet Controller = Lan Atheros Driver from Acer.com using xp 32bit with no problem.

I now can get on the internet via Ethernet cable connection but i am still having problems installing Wireless driver. No adapter or client adapter message still appears.

I tried using Win. 7 Vista wireless drivers and Toshiba Atheros Drivers but still no success.

Acer-PR, Mar 2, 2011
  3. Acer-PR

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there Acer-PR,

Probably a stupid question, but are you sure you have an Atheros Wireless card? I know some of the D250's came with a Broadcom one.

You can check via the label on the underside of your machine, or via the HW-Detector.exe program on the Acer Driver website.

As an aside, why on earth would you want Vista? Surely Win7 would be the way to go?

Anywho, let me know how you get on with the wireless driver, as everything you have done should be right. Hence why I think you might not have an Atheros card.

Cheers

Paul :ugeek:

elPaulio, Mar 3, 2011
  4. Acer-PR

Acer-PR

My D250 is an Atheros Wireless Card.

I removed Vista and reinstalled Xp pro and all drivers. My adapter along with Wireless Atheros driver is working again. I just dont understand why Atheros didnt wanna work with Vista.

At any rate, I will install Win.7 and take it from there. I will keep you guys inform.

Thanks for advice elPaulio.

Acer-PR, Mar 4, 2011
  5. Acer-PR

donec

Vista not working with Atheros is not the only thing wrong with Vista. Vista it was very bad at working with software and hardware.

donec, Mar 4, 2011
  6. Acer-PR

Swarvey Moderator

Personally I never had any problems with Vista, I was using it since it's release (x86 on laptops and standard PC's, x64 on my main desktop). Obviously I upgraded to 7 when it arrived. I had Vista on all my machines, all different hardware configs and spec's, can't say it ever caused a problem. Having said that, 7 is a far superior OS, even though it is essentially Vista with a third SP.

Swarvey, Mar 5, 2011
Ask a Question