Acer Blue Aspire One AOA150-1777 120gb hd advertised....

Discussion in 'Storage' started by FattysGoneWild, Feb 28, 2009.

1. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild

Just purchased this machine brand new a few days ago. And it came with a 160gb hd instead. I am certainly not complaining. Did I get lucky or is this happening to other people as well? My concern is sending it in for repair under warranty if the hd breaks. I will probably lose it and they will stick in a 120gb drive. :|

FattysGoneWild, Feb 28, 2009
  2. FattysGoneWild

nbfan

When netbooks were first released, MS had announced that they would permit vendors to install XP in netbooks with HDDs only up to 120GB. They recently announced that they are changing the limit to 160GB. If this is a model with Windows XP preinstalled, there's a pretty good chance it's not a mistake but a simple model specs upgrade.

nbfan, Feb 28, 2009
  3. FattysGoneWild

ronime

I bought two blue A150s and two white A150s recently. All were bought as Linpus 120GB models. Both of the blue A150s had 160GB disks but both of the white A150s had 120GB disks.

Unless you return your A150 for repair for a hard disk fault there is no reason for them to replace your disk.

ronime, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question