Acer aspire6530 i turnd it off while booting from windows 7 disk=blank screen/no boot

Discussion in 'Acer' started by bang101, Mar 5, 2013.

1. bang101

bang101

Hi,

i have acer aspire 6530(4 years old) great laptop. ANYWAY the laptop was in middle of reading windows 7 , when computer boots and reads the disk, just before 'press any key to start boot from disk' u got a dash in corner flashing reading the disk, mine got stuck on that, so i turned it off, now when i turn it back on there is no screen , and just keeps restarting it self. i have tried using a USB with mini bios files and holding FN-escape keys to flash bios but no success...all i notice different at the time is the power button flash's when i hold them keys down, then just restarts again.

i have took out the CMOS battery for about 30 minutes . ( thinking it will reset or some what) but no change. took out ram and hardrive. made no difference.

Thanks in advance for whom ever replies.

bang101, Mar 5, 2013
  2. bang101

something back

It is most unlikely to be the bios settings First impressions is that the mbr is corrupt ( master boot records ) Immediately after press the power on switch, press the F2 key Does it book into the motherboard settings, if so then look at the boot section does it list the hard drive? If it does then it's a software problem.

something back, Mar 6, 2013
  3. bang101

Adamo

Try to boot in safe mode to see what happens.

Adamo, Mar 21, 2013
Ask a Question