Acer Aspire V3-571G-9435 : Random restarts

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Cez518, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Cez518

Cez518

I bought an Acer Aspire V3-571G-9435 model around the end of August this year. It's a laptop with beastly specs, for it's price, and I'm happy with it overall. It can run Skyrim like a pro. But there is one issue that I come across. It experiences random shutdowns, and it reboots itself automatically. At first, I thought this was because of an over-heating issue, because it occurred while I would play Skyrim. However, I soon experienced the same problem when I was just browsing the internet. The shutdowns occurred more often when playing Skyrim, however. I returned the laptop to Newegg, where I purchased it, in hopes of getting a replacement. However, all they did was restore my laptop to it's original settings and pre-loaded Acer programs and test it over a 24-hour period. In that 24-hour period, they apparently experienced no random shutdowns, and claimed the laptop was in perfect condition. So they sent back the exact same laptop.

When they sent it back around September 10th, I decided to not delve into deleting the pre-loaded programs, incase the first time I had it, I deleted something of importance to the hardware, or something. I don't even play Skyrim on it, this time around, or any games for the matter. Strictly internet browsing. Still, the laptop continues to randomly shut down, with no apparent patterns. The other day, I plugged an HDMI cord into my laptop and into my television in order to play a video on the TV (Red Bull Stratos Jump..)..and my laptop turned off twice in a span of 15 minutes or less. I'm ready to just give up and send the laptop back for a refund, if they'll even allow me to do that. It's a shame, because i'm really happy with the laptop, overall.
    What should I do? Could this be an easy fix that Newegg didn't see when they had it in their possesion?
    Thanks, if you can help!

Cez518, Oct 17, 2012
Ask a Question