Acer Aspire Turbo Boost

Discussion in 'Acer' started by phoenix2000, Dec 11, 2011.

1. phoenix2000

phoenix2000

Hi;

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 7750G-9855 laptop. I am a big proponent of SSD hard drives, so I immediately replaced the installed hard drives with SSDs and installed Windows 7 64bit Professional (laptop originally came with Windows 7 64bit Home). Love the laptop, works great. I noticed that this laptop has the ability to "Turbo Boost" the processor from 2.0 to 2.9Ghz. The manual does not mention how to activate this feature. Contacted Acer technical support and inquired, but they would not help because I replaced the hard drive and OS. I didn't want them to walk me through it, I just wanted a little direction... Is this feature all hardware based? Do I need to install a driver to activate it? I am a programmer, I build computers, just needed them to point me in the right direction, I can take it from there.

In either event, does anybody know anything about how the Turbo Boost works on these laptops?

Cheers,

John

phoenix2000, Dec 11, 2011
  2. phoenix2000

nestone

nestone, Dec 11, 2011
Ask a Question