Acer Aspire Timeline webcam problem

Discussion in 'Acer' started by JudyHH1, Mar 21, 2013.

1. JudyHH1

JudyHH1

I just purchased the Acer Aspire Timeline the end of January and have had a continuous problem with the webcam. I have talked to Acer technical people and they say I have a hardware problem and I need to return it to them for repair. I am reluctant to do this since who knows if it really will be fixed plus the inconvenience of having to pack it up and ensure that it doesn't get lost or broken. Has anyone else had a problem with the webcam on their Acer laptop? I have tried everything to try and fix
    it and nothing works even though the camera does work intermittently.

JudyHH1, Mar 21, 2013
  2. JudyHH1

Nestone50

Maybe a bad driver? You might try deleting the webcam in device manager and then rebooting the computer. You will get a notification that the computer has found new hardware (the webcam) and then want to install the driver(s). Before deleting the webcam from device manager, go to the Acer website and download the appropriate driver and save it to your desktop. Then, when you gt the notification of the newly discovered hardware upon reboot, manually direct the driver search to the driver that you saved on your desktop. IF that doesn't work, you do have a hardware issue and will need to send it to Acer for repair.

Nestone50, Mar 21, 2013
Ask a Question