Acer Aspire shuts down with full battery

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Jocasta39, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Jocasta39

Jocasta39

Hi, got a great laptop from a pawn shop so no idea of issues. everything works perfectly. plugged in it powers up, shows its charging the battery. Unplug it and it goes immediately dead. Replaced the battery with a new one, same thing. So i unplugged, took out battery, held power button down 30 sec, one minute, two minutes, all the times ive read to hold it down to reset whatever, no difference.It shows its being charged, shows it fully charged, both batteries. i unplug it, it goes dead.please help. i need this to work right. also, taking the battery out while plugged in ac, shows 'no battery detected' so i know all the connections are being made. while it was chargingnew battery the led was amber and at 100% it is blue as it should be. but when i unplug it,it dies.what could be the issue?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Jocasta39, Feb 19, 2014
  2. Jocasta39

morguk

This is a known issue and used to happen on my Acer Aspire One. Not sure how I fixed it, think I got a new battery. Or maybe I never fixed it I can't remember sorry. I wouldn't recommend the Acer Aspire One to anyone.

morguk, Feb 20, 2014
  3. Jocasta39

Brian8gbSSDLinux

You just say 'Acer Aspire' - is it the
    Acer Aspire One AOA150 or one of the other 75 versions of the Aspire One? e.g Aspire One D266... 751... ?

The Acer Laptops of the Aspire family have a history of Battery problems - failing to Charge; failing to run on even a 'new' charged battery. All these are due to a problem with the BIOS...

In the event that the BIOS does need to be changed
    you need to READ this post...

http://www.techdc.com/aspire-one-bios-update-version-3304

DO NOT TRY to use the Bios version on THAT page...
    it is no longer linked to that page
    Go into YOUR BIOS (Tap F2 key as soon as the computer starts to boot)... the BIOS should be shown at the bottom of the screen that comes up. NOTE the number then go here...

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

and work your way thru' the system to find the latest BIOS version - for YOUR computer... (simplest way is to use the SNID code from under the computer - then select Windows version)
    The latest Aspire One AOA150-Ab version is 3310
    download it and build your bootable USB Stick as per the first link -
    then - update your BIOS to the new version.

PLEASE NOTE - updating your BIOS COULD totally kill your computer unless you follow the information.

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 21, 2014
  4. Jocasta39

Jocasta39

Thank you i will read up on that and try it.

Jocasta39, Feb 27, 2014
  5. Jocasta39

babyleans

first of all acer computers are known to malfunction but i think for your computer the connection between the battery and the laptop itself is just simply cutoff and its functioning as if it had no battery at all. you can take it to a local repair shop and see what could be wrong.

babyleans, Apr 5, 2014
Ask a Question