Acer Aspire S3 Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Tendai, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Tendai

Tendai

Hi all,

Am new to this forum, need your assistance. I have an acer aspire S3 ultrabook which recently started having issues with the keyboard, the "d" on its own is working fine but when pressing shift d it doesnt respond even though shift is working well with all other keys, and I have the keys "5 7 9 _ - {[" not working. Is it a problem with the keyboard or is it something else, trying to avoid having to open it.

many thanks.

Tendai, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Tendai

something back

Welcome to the laptop-forums site

It could well need a new keyboard replacement,but before that try this.

In the search window type device drivers, then when the new window opens
    look down for keyboards , click on it, then right click on the keyboard, then
    choose uninstall,restart you machine if it was a software issue the it will have resolved the
    problem.

If not it looking like a new keyboard is required,the only other thing it could be is a loose
    connection.

Here's a disassembly video to show you how to replace the keyboard
    having look at the video it's not for the faint hearted.

You can always use the onscreen keyboard to get you by

something back, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Tendai

rz3300

Well that does sound like a frustrating issue to have, and I would not be surprised to hear that the issue was with the machine and not the keyboard itself. I am a bit biased though, because I have just had bad experiences with the Acer brand, so perhaps I am not the best to answer. It looks like @something back provided a pretty good overview of the issue though, and a nice video is always a good thing to have. Hope you find your solution.

rz3300, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Tendai

Tendai

many thanks for the response, think i'll try the driver uninstallation provided by @something back and post the results, otherwise am gon have to get a new keyboard...

just out of curiosity, someone said it might be a problem with the cable connecting the keyboard to the board and to locate where there might a break, cut it there and connect the makeshift cable, was just wondering if this works.

Tendai, Aug 6, 2016
Ask a Question