Acer Aspire One ZG5 won't start

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by clarkbones, Jul 6, 2012.

1. clarkbones

clarkbones

My laptop refused to charge the battery. After running out of battery it shut down. Now the battery does not charge and won't start even though the charger is connected. I tried to remove the battery a few times but it will not start at all. The battery is 3 years old and worn out, but shouldn't the machine start anyway with the charger connected?

clarkbones, Jul 6, 2012
  2. clarkbones

IPexpress

Have you tried another AC Adapter, maybe there is a fault with it? This is a common problem, another being with the DC Port having been damaged and therefore not sending juice to the system board. If that is the case then you may need to take to a laptop repair shop.

IPexpress, Jul 7, 2012
  3. clarkbones

JJ_PR Guest

Agreed, you can buy a genuine one off of ebay. Thats what I did, and my battery is HORRIBLE, I can't run my laptop without the charger for one hour

JJ_PR, Jul 12, 2012
  4. clarkbones

clarkbones

I'll try to find a suitable adapter and I'll report here.

Thanks!

clarkbones, Jul 16, 2012
  5. clarkbones

clarkbones

I found an adapter and that worked. So the battery is not to blame. Thanks for the help!

clarkbones, Aug 13, 2012
Ask a Question