Acer Aspire One not seeing hard drive size?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by brion1, May 23, 2009.

1. brion1

brion1

HELLO,

This maybe because I disabled something when I installed the extra ram. But what is happening is I have about 1 gig perhaps on my acers C: and thats it! Like enough to load up all the standard apps that came with the acer, and a little bit more... But it doesnt see anymore then that! I get error free up disk space messages (I think thats what it says)... It came with the default amount of GB for the basic aspireone.. What was it 60 GB or something? My D: drive is the 8 gigg SD card....
    I didnt partition drives or anything like that. What is this? I did however mess wityh tweaks like page file size and amount of virtual memory but nothing that I think should make my computer not see the rest. In my computer, when I hover he mouse over the ACER C: drive it says free space 165 mb
    total size: 7.40 GB What does that mean? Why wont it use those GB's? I havent installed nearly anything on this machine!

brion1, May 23, 2009
Ask a Question