acer aspire one model ZG5

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bri, Nov 7, 2009.

1. bri

bri

Bought Dec 2008. Whilst online, screen froze and couldn't get it to move on. Closed down. When reopen, all I get is blue background with acer aspire logo at bottom of screen.
    How do I reinstate please. bri :?

bri, Nov 7, 2009
  2. bri

yachtpro

Are you running WinXP? Try bringing the machine up in "Safe Mode" and see if anything seems amiss with any of your programs. Something might not have finished installing or any number of things can cause the OS to hang. Sounds like it won't even POST (Power On Self Test) which is very strange. WinXP will almost always repair itself when you reboot. Keep hitting the F8 key before Windows starts. Try booting up using the choice: "Start Windows using the last known configuration that worked". If that doesn't work, then try Safe Mode and do a Windows Restore. Pick a date as close (but before) your trouble date and the computer should restore to that point. I Hope some of this helps. If still under warranty, go to where you purchased it and they should check it out for free.

yachtpro, Nov 9, 2009
Ask a Question