Acer Aspire One, Linpus and display chash...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by herlimenezes, Oct 30, 2008.

1. herlimenezes

herlimenezes

Hi, I got an Acer Aspire One, 1GB of ram memory and 8GB of 'hard disk" (flash memories). It comes with Linpus Operating System. In order to change keyboard layout to Us_intl, and language to Brazilian Portuguese, I had to edit xorg.conf, I have edited using vi editor. There were some weird things:
    1. That file is read only, and I couldnt save changes using wq! vi command;
    2. I dont know what is my root password, so I couldnt log as supervisor in order to edit that file;
    3. As I reboot I got some strange behaviour: I got no more graphic display, and a message saying it was not possible to load it.
    4. After rebooting and some error messages, I got shell prompt (localuser@localhost): How can I get graphic display back?
    5. I decided to recover system, to do that, i run the cd distributed with the Acer Aspire One, and made an usb disk. However this does not function...when I try booting from usb pen drive, nothing happens...
    Help!!!! :(

herlimenezes, Oct 30, 2008
  2. herlimenezes

rbil

You need to preface your commands with "sudo", as that puts you in superuser mode allowing you to write to files owned by root.

As to your problem with the recovery usb flash drive, that drive needs to be at least 2GB in size. Anything less and the recovery image isn't written correctly to the flash key.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 30, 2008
  3. herlimenezes

herlimenezes

Many thanks, rbil.
    Ok, my usb pendrive is about 4GB, it guess it would work fine...
    Just one more question, as I unpacked there were not a mention about root password, is there a way to do that? Im asking this because as I tried to work as 'sudo' I have got a message about sudoers group!!! so I became lost...
    ty once more.

HJM

herlimenezes, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question