Acer Aspire One Does not detect battery? WTF?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by aric, May 13, 2009.

1. aric

aric

Hey,

I just started using my aspire one, just not long ago, and I noticed: The netbook is running directly off AC Power Windows does not detect the battery, "even though it is plugged in", neither does the system. Hell, I can't even boot without the AC cord plugged in...

Could it be a dead battery? I've read posts that say to turn on the computer and let the battery die, but I cant do that, the computer wont even turn on with the battery in it, and it wont charge!!! when i leave it charging overnight an orange LED blinks. I thought it was supposed to blink green or something when its done.

This is really irritating me, why is this happening. I've kept my aspire one in PERFECT condition. Do you think Acer will fix the problem for me? :cry:

To the hardware gurus, what can I do to get this battery working? - If thats even possible.

aric, May 13, 2009
  2. aric

aric

Hey guys,

It appears that my BIOS is somehow "bad", a revision has been posted to the FTP server on work.acer-euro.com, at school today I glanced through the contents of the V3309 BIOS revison and it appears the developers did fix the battery not charging issue, my source comes from the releasenote inside...

I'm guessing all you need to do, is take that zip folder of version V3309: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/netbook/aspire_one_150/bios/v.3309.zip , and extract (* unzip *) the contents to a EMPTY flash drive, then boot into the flash drive via BIOS by boot order...

I'm not entirely sure if I will be fixing it the correct way, but tonight I will go ahead and do it and let you all know how it works out.

:geek:

aric, May 13, 2009
  3. aric

Tiger66

Tiger66, May 19, 2009
Ask a Question