Acer Aspire One D260-2344 Black Screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by BryanMohr, Jan 23, 2012.

1. BryanMohr

BryanMohr

I’ve read and re-read these steps so many times, from so many different sites and videos but I still cannot get that power light to flash! I’ve tried 4 different USB drives in various formats (FAT, FAT32, with MBR and without, with bootfiles and without) and different sizes (32mb, 1gb, 16gb, and 32gb) in all 3 USB ports, with and without the battery, holding Fn+Esc for varying lengths of time before releasing after pressing the power button, and the power light will not flash! The USB flash drive is accessed VERY briefly when the power button is first pressed, but never again after that.

It’s an Acer Aspire One D260. There are 2 .FD files along with the FLASHIT.EXE and FLASH.EXE in the DOS folder of BIOS that was downloaded from acer.com. I’ve tried renaming both the .FD files (AV70316A and AV70316B) to zg5ia32.fd. Not at the same time, of course.

If I have the battery out, and the AC unplugged, then hold Fn+Esc, then plug in the power, then tap the power button, the power button light comes on and the fan spins and stays on. The USB is accessed for a very brief time right after hitting power. But the power indicator or power button light never flash. After holding anywhere from 1 to 30 seconds, and releasing and waiting for several minutes. No flashing, no more USB access.

If the AC is plugged in before I hold Fn+Esc, same as above except the power indicator light on the front is on as well and the fan stops within about 2-3 seconds.

If the battery is attached, it acts the same way as if the AC was always plugged in. Except that the battery indicator light is blue as well.

Please help! Anyone??

BryanMohr, Jan 23, 2012
  2. BryanMohr

Red Fox

Did you ever manage to get this problem resolved ?

I've searched everywhere for a solution for the 'Screen of Black Death' on a D260 and so far I've been unsuccessful. I've even approached Acer Techincal Support and either they don't want to share their widsdom with me or they don't know the answer themselves. I had the same problem trying to reflash the BIOS were there are 2 *.FD files along with the Fashit.exe file but had the same response i.e. Nothing happens. If you can let us know that would be something....

Red Fox, Dec 8, 2012
Ask a Question