"Acer Aspire One D257" Can't Restore System!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by gburya, Apr 16, 2013.

1. gburya

gburya

My roommate's daughter came to me this morning saying she can't access her pictures folder, I checked the machine, it was all messed up... Don't know what happened but I decided the best thing to do would be to do a "System Recovery" So I turned it off, then hit "Alt-F10" to start the System recovery. I chose the one to save user data and do a complete system recovery.

All SEEMED to go well. However, When it got to reloading windows it said: "Setup Is Starting Services" Then a pop-up message came on, said something about incompatible hardware, and it needs to shut down. So I did, now every time I try to start it again, it says: "Setup Is Starting Services" then gets the popup and the popup says: "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation."

Problem is, NOWHERE can I find a way to restart the installation!!!!!!!!!

I have tried (at initial boot-up, when the Acer Logo show's.) every "F" key, tried every one of them in every possible combination with each of or both of the "Alt" & "Ctrl" keys... Tried using the "Delete" key the same in all possible combinations and by itself...

But NOWHERE can I find a way to "restart" the installation.

The computer will not load anything, will not be useable for anything, and since it don't have a disk drive I don't have any way to load a temp disk on it.... etc... etc... Since it has Window-7 I can't go to DOS and do a DIR command and find the reload directory... etc... etc...

WHAT DO I DO?

Signed FRUSTRATED!!!
    Ha ha, Gary

gburya, Apr 16, 2013
Ask a Question