Acer Aspire One D255 - keyboard gone crazy

Discussion in 'Acer' started by MOONFROTH, Jun 17, 2012.

1. MOONFROTH

MOONFROTH

My D255 keyboard has developed two major problems:

1) I'll be typing--NOT looking at the screen--and what I'm typing will crazily leap to a position earlier in the text, producing gobbeldy-gook. I know nothing about this until I look at the screen, where I'm faced with chaos !

2) The keys on the Acer have "optional" numbers and symbols on them--presumably for foreign languages, mathematical symbols, etc--but the computer has DEFAULTED now to these numbers and symbols ! For example, if I type the letter "l", I'll get the number "3", and so on around the keyboard.

Number 2 above makes the Acer UNusable. I've hooked up a wireless keyboard, which is the only way I can use the laptop at all.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

MOONFROTH, Jun 17, 2012
  2. MOONFROTH

Swarvey Moderator

* your most likely bumping the touch pad while typing, if you look through the settings you should have an option called "palm-check". This is a feature of the touchpad driver specifically to avoid the problem you're facing. Or you can disable the touchpad while typing, I think the key combination is Fn+F7.

* as for the numbers and other symbols, you may have inadvertently turned numlock on, there is also an Fn key combo, but you'll have to check your manual for it, I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Swarvey, Jun 18, 2012
  3. MOONFROTH

samantarp

Acer Aspire one D255 key board malfunction during typing

Hi,
    This can be solved by Fn+F11 key.
    By mistke someone may click these two buttons so that the keyboard is typing wrong characters. For example, when I was typing P it is writing *.
    This problem can be temporally solved if you click Fn key and typed other characters. The results will be ok.

I am just new to this forums and sharing my own experinece. If any typing error or any other things are wrong, i am extremly sorry for this.

All the best.
    Regards
    samantarp

samantarp, Oct 30, 2012
Ask a Question