Acer aspire one D250-1165

Discussion in 'Acer' started by dgarbrecht, Oct 30, 2012.

1. dgarbrecht

dgarbrecht

I'm having trouble with my acer aspire 1 that I bought in 2010.

When I turn it on, it will briefly display the Acer name and at the bottom it will display, "press f2 for setup menu" If i am quick enough on the f2 button I can get to the setup menu but I don't know what to do from there.

Also, If I do the old ctrl-alt-delete combo, the same information will display briefly. That is the Acer name will display and at the bottom "press f2 for setup menu" will display as well.

Otherwise, the power button will light up but the screen remains blank no matter what I do.

Any help or advice you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks

dgarbrecht, Oct 30, 2012
  2. dgarbrecht

ryptyde

When you press F2 and get the bios menu can you navigate it using the arrow keys?
    I keep "livecd/usb" of Linux distributions handy and either boot from a usb flash drive by pressing F12 at start up or use a usb cd/dvd drive to boot from and see if that works and loads the Linux operating system. If the livecd/usb runs then that could mean that your hard drive is possibly at fault. Could check your RAM also.

phil

ryptyde, Oct 31, 2012
Ask a Question