Acer aspire one boots half an hour/hard drive D RAW

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Simona1, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Simona1

Simona1

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with the problem I'm encountering and going mad. My acer aspire one happy few days ago died or so I thought. I apologize-I am a woman with no computer tech experience so please bear with me. After normal working day (I work online) the next morning it didn't start. No sound, normal, just acer logo and then black screen. After few attempts I just left it, and amazingly after more than half an hour it did boot. Everything looked normal-the greeting sound,the desktop with all icons,but when I try to click on something-computer either loads like for example 'my computer' 10 minutes, it does recognize USB drive but same-takes ages to open something or it freezes, so is impossible to work or do anything.

So with the help of friend who borrowed me computer I googled for solution but Im still in blind spot.

When I finally came after 40 minutes into disk management (since in my computer I see both hard drive C and D, but it doesn't show no data on D-but it was almost full) it shows following:

C: NTFS, Healthy, 97.41 Gb and free space 80.57 Gb
    D: RAW, Healthy,Primary partition, 200.33 Gb Capacity and free space same 200.33 Gb??????
    System reserved: NTFS, Healthy 356Mb and free 328 Mb

OS is windows7 ultimate 32-bit.

So my guess is that disk D which shows no data on - thankfully I back them before (I got S.M.A.R.T. virus attack - solved but maybe still something?), is the rotten apple and causing this slow respond and freezing of computer.

I have no idea what to do. For any advice from you I would be deeply grateful.

Thank you,
    Simona

Simona1, Sep 20, 2012
  2. Simona1

something back

Try pressing F8 Repeatedly after switching on the power.
    A new screen should appear,scroll down and choose,
    LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION.

something back, Sep 20, 2012
  3. Simona1

Simona1

Hello,thanks for quick reply. I just did try with F8 and last good know configuration. When around 20 minutes computer did loaded - the situation is the same as before. Any other suggestion please?

Thank you,
    S

Simona1, Sep 21, 2012
  4. Simona1

something back

Try the same F8 procedure again this time choose safe mode .

QUESTION? Is the system still not allowing you to type in a command when loaded,by that I mean after the long boot time.

If it will allow you, go to the start button and type restore,then choose restore your computer to and earlier time. In that section choose an alternative time then pick a date from at least a week before.

Also from the start button type in REPAIR choose create a system repair disk if it will allow you.

If you know anyone with a computer with the same operating system then you can create a REPAIR disk on their computer and use it on your machine.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    something back, Sep 21, 2012
  5. Simona1

Simona1

Thank you. I tried restoring,but wasn't workin. So the last option was formating-just finished and looks like is all good. 4now.

Simona1, Sep 21, 2012
Ask a Question