Acer aspire one battery not charging

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by update, May 24, 2009.

1. update

update

Bought the laptop few months ago did not use it over a month , today try to switch it on and find battery dead . Put AC on but battery orange light on about 10-15 min then keep flashing and check the battery still 0 % over a hourand won't charge at all. also what the different between battery of ACER Aspire One Blue ZG5 UM08A51 and ACER Aspire One Blue ZG5 UM08A73 please help

update, May 24, 2009
  2. update

Guest Guest

I just dsicovered the exact same thing has happened to me. I haven't used my aspireone for about 2 months, I left it unplugged with the battery charged, it was dead when I went to turn it on today but that didn't surprise me, but now I boot it with the ac adapter on and windows 7 tells me "no battery detected"

The orange light is now on since I powered it down about 4 hours ago but I still can't turn it on with just battery. I think the battery has died or something

Guest, May 24, 2009
  3. update

update

Hello mate just find this

XP operationg system?
    Update to 3309 bios (if you have the Aspire One 150)
    http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/no ... e_150.html

Unzip the file and go to the winflash folder. Use insdydeflash.exe. Everything you need is in the winflash folder if you are running XP.

Hope this work

update, May 25, 2009
  4. update

dude

Hi,
    Battery not charging happend to me as well after I had not used it for a while.
    With the AC power cord connected the orange battery LED kept flashing for hours and every time it disconnected the power cord the acer went dead.

It turned out to be the battery lock switch underneath that was not correctly in place. There are two switches underneath. One that is used to remove the battery and one that has a lock symbol. Make sure the battery is correctly in place and that the battery lock switch is on.

After changing the switch the orange LED was solid during the charging and eventually turned to green.

Not sure this is your problem but I thought I could write it down for others that might have the same problem.

Cheers

dude, Jun 2, 2009
  5. update

MarkPhoto

Hey, thanks for the battery lock info. I just purchased a refurbished Aspire One and it would not boot up (kept cutting itself off). After 'locking' the battery, it works fine!

MarkPhoto, Jun 4, 2009
  6. update

OldPhil

Thanks I have not had any problems with it not charging bu the lock was not on, I do find it will go dead if left for maybe a week but come back to full charge fairly quick. I get what I believe to be average time out of the standard battery about 2 hours continuous use.

Phil

OldPhil, Jun 6, 2009
Ask a Question